Running horses

I like painting the sky, the trees and the mountains. I just got an order to paint horses. I've never painted horses in my life. The face muscles and leg muscles are so difficult to draw, what more to paint! I said yes anyway. I had about a month to complete it.

I didn't feel inspired and work was hectic as it is.

I started sketching horses facing the front. The buyer requested they be facing one side.




So the horses are starting to look like horses. I'm feeling a bit apprehensive. What if I paint them wrong? I start colouring them in with watercolour. Every day a little bit more. It kind of looks OK.

Now the background and the shadows. A few more days of adjusting and colouring.

And the final result.


I think this has been one of the most challenging paintings ever done. I'll stick to landscapes, skies and the mountains!

Comments