It's Springtime in Malaysia

I love this time of year! This is when the Tecoma trees bloom and resemble Sakura or Cherry Blossom trees. I only started noticing these beautiful trees about three years ago.

Mainly situated in the northern part of Malaysia, specifically in Kedah and Penang, these ‘Malaysian sakura trees’ are actually Tecoma Trees (Tabebuia rosea) or pokok kertas tisu (Bahasa Melayu for ‘tissue paper tree’).

I usually pass these trees while driving so I don't have the opportunity to take photos but here are some I found on the net.

sakura malaysia penang street

penang sakura street malaysia
Top two photos taken in Penang
Source: Mau Horng


Kuala Selangor
Source: Bluerose99.blogspot.com

Now the only things missing are blue skies and fresh air.

Do you have Tecoma trees where you are?

LIKE THIS POST? PLEASE SHARE IF YOU DO :)

Comments